| Social Policy Research Associates is a growing and dynamic research, evaluation, and technical assistance services firm engaged in policy analysis of workforce development, employment training, education, philanthropy, youth development, health, and other human service programs. We are currently seeking a dynamic Associate or Senior Associate to provide training and technical assistance primarily related to workforce development, education, and related to public and non-profit clients (federal grantees, workforce development boards, state and city governments as well as philanthropic organizations, etc.). |
SPR offers a full spectrum of modern methods for training facilitation and content delivery. Our associates specialize in in-person and virtual training, including use of tools to guide facilitated processes, graphic facilitation and recording, online tutorials, webinars, and video. We plan and deliver convenings, conferences, and institutes of all sizes on a wide range of topics. We provide customized support to individual organizations and multi-agency alliances, as well as provide technical assistance for multi-site national projects and initiatives. Content areas include, but are not limited to: performance measures and data analysis for publically-funded programs, partnership building, employer engagement strategies, career pathways, sector strategies, and apprenticeship design and development, reentry of juvenile and adult ex-offenders, youth workforce development, innovative approaches to workforce development, leadership development, program design and implementation, program improvement, strategic planning, evaluation capacity building, and organizational assessments.
Duties will include a combination of the following:
- Design, develop and deliver innovative approaches to providing technical assistance to grantees, including in-person and virtual trainings and coaching.
- Design and provide customized coaching support to individual grantees, and/or work with a team of coaches and other subject matter experts to provide individualized technical assistance.
- Carry out large-scale events for clients, such as conferences, institutes, and learning labs, and supervise logistics team.
- Design and develop training curriculum and materials (facilitated processes, slide shows, learning tools, handouts).
- Design and facilitate virtual (webinar) training and technical assistance to employment training, youth, or other human service programs nationwide.
- Design and facilitate in-person meetings, trainings, and presentations for small and large audiences, including conference presentations, trainings for local service providers; facilitate meetings with partners and practitioners.
- Design and develop user-friendly printed media, such as self-assessment tools, toolkits and issue briefs for clients.
- Design and facilitate virtual peer-to-peer learning exchanges, including community-of-practice websites and interactive webinars.
- Carry out projects that involve a national audience and/or groups of grantees across the country.
- Oversee sub-contractors providing graphic design, web design or video production, conference logistics, and other services.
- Conduct qualitative case study research based on telephone interviews, focus groups, and/or site visits to employment training, youth, or other human service programs nationwide.
- Domestic travel is required for all positions (on average once a month), as well as significant computer-related work.