| While delivering innovative solutions, exceptional service and trusted results, the Operations Manager provides strategic leadership and day-to-day program operations oversight, performance management and continuously improving robust and efficient business processes that will provide excellent customer service and deliver positive performance outcomes. The Operations Manager is also responsible for performing professional and technical work implementing the delivery of the Work Activity and Job Placement services program contracted through Baltimore City Department of Social Services (BCDSS). |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance to staff and manage daily operations to foster a positive, innovative and productive environment;
- Ensure all contract-established outcomes are met and carried out in accordance to BCDSS policies and procedures;
- Serve as liaison to partners, employers, training programs and the participants;
- Work with customer to overcome barriers to success including family counseling, substance abuse counseling, or referral for treatment as needed.
- Facilitate training and orientation of new employees while continuously monitor staff performance, prepare performance appraisals, and recommend and document disciplinary action;
- Assist participants with meeting their employment and/or training goals, manage outreach efforts, manage customer make-up time process, participation, activities and supportive services;
- Facilitate staff meetings and staff trainings; attend various meetings, trainings, seminars, and workshops as directed;
- Conduct cross training and other events to promote relationship building between the various offices, divisions, and partnering agencies;
- Locate additional resources, as necessary, to assist participants with meeting goals;
- Be a positive role model for staff- motivate and encourage participants;
- Other related duties as required and directed.