SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund
Job Title: Assistant Director
Location: Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA or Sacramento, CA.
The Education Fund is a non-profit partnership between SEIU UHW-West and Healthcare Industry Employers; on a mission to accelerate the careers of 90,000 SEIU eligible Healthcare Workers through innovative education and training solutions. We have a bold strategy to transform the Ed Fund and need an experienced leader to play a crucial role in the continuing development, implementation, and evaluation of our key career advancement and higher education programs.
Reporting directly to our Chief of Staff you can be based in Oakland, Sacramento or Los Angeles. You will lead a team across multiple geographies who will help scale the Program Management function in order to ensure that programs are high quality and aligned to our mission.
You are an integral part of the leadership team, so you'll need to be a collaborative expert on Career Training & Development topics. We need you to think big, be outcome focused and comfortable with change. This is hands-on work, that requires you to be both strategic and detailed and outcome focused.
On any given day, you will develop strong education partner and stakeholder relationships that result in innovative programs that have high impact on healthcare workers careers. You understand the importance of relationship building and connect equally well with employers, union staff, higher education partners and other educational vendors. You are familiar with analyzing program data to drive program improvement.
- Collaborates with key external stakeholders, Community Colleges and other Higher Education partners to develop world-class training programs to meet the needs of the Healthcare Industry now and in the future.
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to provide vision and strategic direction, especially within a fast-paced, results-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
- Capable of delivering exceptional customer service within a resource-constrained environment, while maintaining a focus on the organization's needs and strategic priorities.
- Track emerging workforce trends, specifically in evolving apprenticeship models and career pathways.
- Effectively envision, create and implement innovative solutions.
- Effectively create and deliver customized programs to meet grant-funded opportunities.
- Supervise staff locally and in other geographic areas covered by the Fund.
- Develops agenda and leads program staff meetings that are aligned to executing our mission and strategy.
- Experienced in developing and managing annual budgets.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Career Technical Education or related experience in the higher education system.
- Skilled at directing and coaching a Program Development Team with a track record of proven project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to establish strong relationships inside and outside the Fund.
- An energetic and creative leader capable of inspiring teams to achieve their potential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years experience in Educational Program Development, preferably in a collective bargaining environment.
- Experience in a union, labor management or healthcare industry environment preferred
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU - UHW West & Joint Employer Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.